Monday, November 22, 2010

I've the Seen the Future...

...and it looks a lot like an iPad. After spending a day this weekend at a workshop called iPad for Administrators, I'm a convert. OK, it didn't take much convincing, but I think this device and the future versions that will follow have the potential to truly change teaching and learning. How? It might still be too early to tell. Just the notion that textbooks could be on a device like an iPad is exciting enough. The blog Eductechnophobia has an entry titled, Six Ways the iPad will Transform Education, giving us a few clues. Are there downsides? No doubt. Growing up Digital, Wired for Distraction in today's New York Times points out negative effects of too much time plugged in can have on the brains of young people. I suppose, like all good things, moderation will be important. Nevertheless, I think the next leap in technology and education is at hand.

No comments: