Friday, February 12, 2010

Characteristics of a Good Student: The Top 10 List

Last night EFS inducted 20 7th and 8th graders into the National Junior Honor Society. This recognition is given to students who have earned an A- average in their classes and who maintain high standards of character, service, leadership, and citizenship. In my talk to the students and their parents I proposed a list of 10 characteristics that I feel are critical for success in school. While this list is not meant to be definitive or exclusive of other worthy traits, I do hope that it sparks reflection among students about their own strengths. I'm anxious to hear from others about important characteristics I've failed to include.

Top 10 Characteristics of a Good Student
10. Ability
9.   Luck/Blessings
8.   Humor
7.   Humility
6.   Self-awareness
5.   Empathy
4.   Confidence
3.   Sense of Wonder
2.   Discipline
1.   Positive Attitude

No comments: